How to get
Salamanca can be reached by road, travelling by car, by bus or by train; also by plane but this only from some particular destinations and in some specific seasons.
The roads to reach the province of Salamanca are these ones:
- From Madrid: A-6, AP-6 North-West Motorway; in Avila you have to take the A-50 road; (alternative option: N-VI from Madrid and N-501 from Avila).
- From Extremadura and western Andalucia: A-66; E-803 Ruta de la Plata Motorway; (alternative option: N-630)
- From Portugal (Guarda): A-25/IP5
- From Zamora: A-66 / E-803, Ruta de la Plata Motorway; (alternative option: N-630)
- From Valladolid: A-62/E-80 Castilla Motorway; (alternative option: N-620)
- For further information call +34 900 123 505 Roadside Assistance.
It is also possible to reach Salamanca by bus from many different European cities (Paris, London, Lisbon, Porto, Zurich, Munich, Utrecht, …), as well as Spanish cities (Madrid, Barcelona, Coruña, Cadiz, Leon, Valladolid, Zamora, Caceres, …).
On the other hand, there are some different bus companies which go to the different towns and villages of Salamanca:
- SALAMANCA BUS STATION
- Avda. Filiberto Villalobos, 71-85
- 37007 Salamanca
- Tel: 923 236 717
- Web: www.estacionautobusessalamanca.es
For those ones who come from Barajas Airport in Madrid, and want to travel to Salamanca by bus, there is a bus line, which belongs to the company Avanza Bus, that goes straight from Madrid Airport to Salamanca. The bus stop in Barajas is situated in Terminal 1, in the car park located opposite the arrivals hall. You can get your tickets and check the timetables in the web www.avanzabus.com, in the company box offices and in the travel agency El Corte Ingles inside the airport situated on the first floor of the Terminal.
For further information, call +34 902 02 09 99
Salamanca offers daily rail connections with Madrid (High Speed Line), San Sebastian-Hendaya, Lisbon, Porto, Valladolid, Avila and Palencia, among others.
- SALAMANCA TRAIN STATION
- Paseo de la Estacion, s/n
- 37004 Salamanca
- Tel: 902 320 320
- Web: www.renfe.com
Matacan Airport is located 15 km far from Salamanca. It is a small airport from where some scheduled and charter flights are operated at certain times of the year.
- SALAMANCA-MATACAN AIRPORT
- N-501, km 15
- 37181 Calvarrasa de Abajo
- Tel: 923 329 600
Oher nearby airports:
- MADRID-BARAJAS AIRPORT
- VALLADOLID-VILLANUBLA AIRPORT
- Tel: 902 404 704
- Web: www.aena.es